Rowan Online Learning Symposium
The Rowan Online Learning Symposium (ROLS) is an exciting one day conference sponsored by Rowan Online (Rowan Global) and the Faculty Center of Rowan University. Join us as we explore the online learning experience, share teaching ideas and practices, and learn about new tools, technologies, and trends.
The symposium is open to both Rowan employees/affilliates and non-employees* (please choose the appropriate item when registering).
Date: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017
Time: 7:45 am to 3:45 pm
Location: Rowan Hall (Rowan Glassboro Campus)
Topics for the day include:
- Best practices in teaching and lessons learned in online courses (by faculty and students)
- Techniques and strategies for engaging online learners
- Ensuring course quality during development
- Online technology trends (e.g., Gamification, web conferencing, online exam proctoring)
Seating is limited and early registration is recommended.
Registrants will be treated to a light breakfast and lunch.
* Non-employees includes any person not employed by Rowan University or it’s affiliate community colleges. Non-employees are asked to contribute a nominal registration fee for registration to cover the cost of meals provided.