Best Practices in Opioid Treatment and Management
- ENDURING COURSE: REGISTRATION OPEN!
- Time of Enduring Course: One hour
This is the first of six modules of a live webinar and enduring course series that will use a standardized, evidence-based opioid addiction prevention curriculum to train and inform New Jersey health care professionals on best practices in opioid prescribing and patient care in compliance with federal and state statutory and regulatory guidelines.
TARGET AUDIENCE: New Jersey Physicians; Podiatrists; Physician Assistants; Dentists; Optometrists; Advanced-Practice Nurses; Certified Nurse Midwives
OBJECTIVES: At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Define the origins of the opioid epidemic using relevant data.
- Recognize the function of the New Jersey Prescription Monitoring Program, and practitioner obligations including registration, delegation, responsibility for audits, and mandatory lookups.
- Comply with the limitations on opioid prescribing for acute and chronic pain.
- Identify practitioner obligations in treating chronic pain patients, including the use of pain management agreements and urine drug testing.
- Summarize CDC recommendations on opioid prescribing, dosing, and tapering.
- Explain non-opioid and non-pharmacological pain management approaches.
- Understand how to become DATA waived to provide treatment for patients with substance use disorder in an office setting.
- Know when to co-prescribe naloxone to patients.
AVAILABLE CREDIT: 1 AOA Category 1-B credit and/or 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians.
RowanSOM designates this program for a maximum of 1 AOA Category 1-B credit and will report CME and specialty credit commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
RowanSOM designated the live activity for 1 AMA PRA Category 1 credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Participants must complete an Attestation Form, an Outcome Survey, and an Evaluation to receive a CME certificate.
You must be present for the entire program to receive full credit.
For CME questions, please contact Tara Shontz, Program Coordinator at email@example.com
For questions pertaining to module content, please contact Patricia Fortunato, Content Developer/Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical support with registration and access to the module, please contact the Rowan Online Marketplace Support Center at (856) 256-5164, or submit an email ticket here.